Total Pageviews

Sunday 3 November 2013

The People's Warmth - *ageha Debut Indie Release - 1st Utattemita Album

THE DAY HAS FINALLY COME.

I'M RELEASING AN UTATTEMITA ALBUM. * A *

A few months ago, I saw Pokemon Reorchestrated, one of my FAVOURITE fan composers of all time, post a link to his Kanto Region album on Facebook... on a new site.

This site is LOUDR, and it's designed specifically for cover artists that want to make a living off of their derivative works. The site's team contacts the original composers, obtains permission, and decides on loyalty payments to help make BOTH sides of the party earn money from BOTH of their works.

At the time, the site was still in Beta, and not available to the public. However, just recently, the site made its public debut and invited mailing-listed musicians to join their roster.

I'll be joining them with my first acoustic-English cover utattemita album.

For those of you who are new to the concept of utattemita or any of the -ttemitas, allow me to explain.

utattemita is Japanese for "I tried to sing". Traditionally, on the Japanese video sharing site, NicoNicoDouga, anything uploaded into this category on the site presented amateur covers done by faceless - but named - musicians of already-existing songs.

When the Vocaloid producer community hit its peak in 2007 with producers like ryo(supercell/EGOIST), Hachiouji-P, and kz(livetune), the amateur singers of utattemita videos were also given a platform to perform these songs that were originally performed by vocal synthesizers. Many have gone on to major labels such as UMAA and Sony Music, but there are a handful that preferred to stick to the online indie Vocaloid music scene.

Please check out the set list and release dates below!






<<*ageha Debut Indie Release - 1st Utattemita Album>>
[ The People's Warmth - Acoustic English Cover album ]

SETLIST:
1) Hero [supercell feat. Yanagi Nagi]
2) Melt [supercell]
3) Holding Hands [original]
4) Romeo & Cinderella [doriko]
5) The Wind and the Hill's Ballad [Real Paradis w/ Nodame Orchestra]
6) bitter [keeno]
7) Crash & Burn [original]
8) Shoddy Utopia Policy [suzumu]
9) Answer [Dixie Flatline]
10) All Alone with You [EGOIST]

11) Summer Time Record [Jin/Shizen no Teki P]

BONUS TRACKS:
12) Double Lariat [agoanikiP]
13) Reason for Kindness [Choucho]

Release date: February 14th, 2014
Release on: LOUDR & iTunes



----

The title for the album, "The People's Warmth", comes from the encompassing theme of the album: the bittersweet beauty of the human race.

Two years ago, I entered one of the toughest phases of my life: I had developed dysthymia at the age of 17, and had it triggered into severity at the age of 18. By the age of 19, I had decided to move on from the YouTube Vocaloid community and work more towards staking my place in the real-world music community in my local city of Vancouver.

I am now 20 years old, and in the past year and a half, I was thankful to meet a group of people that I would eventually call my "famiglia", as well as my current bandmate of Ryouko, Tony Chou. We are a group of cosplayers and creators, students and part-time workers... There is nothing spectacular about us, but at the same time, it is the kindness of these people I found to be the spectacular aspects of their personalities.

After meeting the friends that changed my life forever, for the better, I took it upon myself to become a stronger person. (I have weak lungs, and now a weakening heart.) I started working out, and I found a renewed purpose for making music, whether it be to write English lyrics or write my own songs.

All of the songs featured on this album are songs that I found to be important to me. Whether it be based off of past experiences or through the lyrics that convey a message that I want to send across to those listening, and those dear to me, the intention of this album is not only to show what I can personally be capable of as a musician, but to also send one, important message across to those who listen:

"You are not alone."
 



///Please look forward to it! 8D

No comments:

Post a Comment